Airstream Sighting: Marfa, Texas

Whilst on my road trip, you wouldn't believe the numerous airstream sightings I encountered. The first was in a gem of a town called Marfa. My fellow roadies and I were recommended to stop by this secret town while traveling through Texas. We had no expectations and ran with only the trust of our recommender. Let's just say we were thankful and glad that we trusted this guy.

A short backstory on Marfa: This artist commune was started back in the 70s by Donald Judd, a minimalist artist from NYC. He was in need of a retreat to work on his art and found a middle-of-nowhere town to house his artwork. Since then, artists from all over the country flocked to this artistic town in hopes to escape the conforms of a city lifestyle.


As we were driving around this quaint, unusual town I quickly spotted a yard of airstreams nestled together. A few were used for a local restaurant, Food Shark, and the others were actually being lived in! I had a chance to peek inside and I couldn't help but to dream of when I finally own one of my own. I even found out that they have a resort, El Cosmico, that houses different trailers (including airstreams) which you can stay in! Marfa was a dreamworld like no other. Seriously, a Prada store in the middle of the desert?

If you are curious and adventurous enough to head out to Marfa, it is definitely worthwhile.

Keep Blooming,
J.

Next: Austin, Tx 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very popular! This paper content rich and colorful, adopt unique writing thinking.I think they will like to see this article.
    http://www.marketing2011.org |

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your love & feedback, thank you!