Bottle in a Tree

Recently, with all the rambling thoughts that clutter my mind,  one in particular kept reappearing that ultimately led me to this new blog..

I thought about where inspiration comes from and how vital it is in our lives.
We all have those days when we crave inspiration to come knocking at our doors. Especially when the lack of always pairs nicely with unproductiveness. When I think about people & their creative mediums, inspiration can come from anything and more importantly, in individualistic ways.

A few weeks ago, while strolling along the streets of Seoul I saw a glass bottle safely placed in between the branches of a small, bare tree. I walked up to it and thought, 'this could be the starting inspiration for someone, while others may see it as littering'. As mundane as that sounds, I kept reverting back to my thought.  All it takes for inspiration to spark is to view things in another light, no matter how ordinary it may be. When taken the time to understand my atmosphere and indulge in my mere presence, inspiration can really surprise me in the simplest ways.



These two images from the web was the spark I needed to finally start up this blog. It took me awhile to start this and I needed the right inspiration to help me commit. I have so many ideas and dreams to making this blog the start of my career in vintage/fashion merchandising. I realized the biggest fear I had was not finding constant inspiration to keep me motivated, but if I keep reminding myself of that bottle in a tree, I know all I have to do is open my eyes to a world full of inspiration. 

aesthetically yours, 
J.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the color palette of your blog...it's so you and so gorgeous! i can't wait to see how this evolves. cheers to 2012!

    ps - i'm the first ever comment on aes vintage. YES.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your love & feedback, thank you!